FOR BOROUGH COUNCIL
I look forward to working WITH the community as a member of Rutledge Borough Council.
I’ve had the pleasure of living in Rutledge for over 17 years with my husband Drew. We feel lucky to be raising our children, Sam and Maisie, in this community.
While being involved with Rutledge Borough government over the last 7 years, I have seen missed opportunities and areas for improvement. We live in a special place, and I want to see our Borough flourish and be ready to meet the challenges of the future. We need new leadership to make this happen. We need to work together in a non-partisan way to do what is best for our Borough.
Endorsement from Dr. Marlaina Kloepfer (R), Rutledge Borough Councilwoman, 2011-2017
“Heidi has long served the borough behind the scenes in her leadership in the Zoning Hearing Board. She has been an informed voice leading the interpretation and enforcement of our current ordinances. Even more importantly, she has ideas for where our ordinances can be updated to better serve the needs of our neighbors as more families are looking to renovate their homes. She is always an opinion that I value and seek out.
She is an example of the leadership and expertise that already exist within the borough who are not only capable but willing to give their time to serve our community.”
- Chairperson for the Rutledge Zoning Hearing Board, 2010-present
- Advisor to the Rutledge Planning Commission, 2015-present
- Helped rewrite several outdated Borough Zoning Ordinances to better reflect the current needs of the residents and minimize the need for a Zoning Variances.
- Vice President and founding member of the Morton-Rutledge Train Station Preservation Committee, 2005-2012
- Wrote and coordinated a $50,000 state grant for the preservation of the historic passenger shelter that SEPTA was planning on tearing down.
- Worked with SEPTA on the restoration of the main station building. Received a 2012 Delco Heritage Commission Award for preservation.
- SRS Home and School Grounds Committee Chair, 2015-present
- Architect with over 20 years of experience designing and managing complex university and institutional projects.
- Extensive experience in coordinating and negotiating with university groups, city officials, zoning hearing boards, historic commissions and accessibility agencies.
- Skilled at developing and managing construction schedules, budgets and cost estimation.